Why non-metallics? Are you looking to replace materials such as Brass, Bronze, Babbitt, Steel? Or maybe you have an existing “plastic” part that is giving you problems?
Proper material selection is absolutely essential in the reliable performance your bearings, bushings, and related components. Many parts that are in service today were either designed in a time when composites were not available or by a team that is not aware of the performance capabilities of plastic and composites.
Selection of an appropriate Timco Technical Thermoplastic or Ryertex fiber bearing grade requires considering not only material properties, but also application factors such as lubrication, impact, loading and time between maintenance opportunities.
With these factors in mind, our team of experts can advise on the proper composite material to replace your bronze, steel, or plastic components that will help reduce your operating cost and downtime.
- Industrial Applications
We have worked with many global customers and use cases in industrial applications including:
- Off-road and construction equipment
- Capital goods manufacturers such as industrial presses, plastics molding, and other machinery.
- Water and/or wastewater treatment facilities
- Chemical Processing Plants
- Utility & Hoist Vehicles
- Forestry Equipment
- Food Processing Equipment
- Cranes & Lifting Equipment
- Use Cases
Bearings, Bushings, and Wear parts greatly vary in size and complexity. A few examples include, but are not limited to:
- Bearings – rolling element, plane, work roll, hanger, roller, spherical roller
- Bushings – coupling ring, roll support, linear, platen
- Wear – wipers, stripper tips, slide pads, chock liners, slipper pads, mandrel segments, entry guides, exit guides, ring riders, thrust collars, runout table liners
With our focus on non-metallic material fabrication, our capabilities are highly specialized. This ranges from the actual machinery that we have invested in such as industry specific saws and routers optimized for plastics materials.
Even our air filtration and exhaust systems are customized around the materials that are processed. Machine speeds, feeds, rates, and tooling have also been optimized which result in the most cost effective product production.