Why non-metallics? Are you looking to replace materials such as Brass, Bronze, Babbitt, Steel? Or maybe you have an existing “plastic” part that is giving you problems?
Selection of an appropriate plastic bearing material requires considering application specific factors such as stress/strain, impact, temperature, and method of lubrication. Key raw material properties may include temperature management, strength (tensile, compressive, and flexural), hardness, moisture absorption, impact (Izod impact strength), elongation, and flexural modulus.
Often times, the biggest reasons to transition from metal to plastic or composite is to either reduce weight, reduce wear on mating components, or add reliability caused by lubrication concerns.
No matter the situation, WS Hampshire has the material expertise to guide you into a solution that will help you reduce cost and downtime.
With our expertise comes an open mind to provide the best non-metallic solution. There are 2 key categories of materials based on the resin formulation. WS Hampshire has deep expertise in both categories.
- Thermoset Resin Components are chemically cross linked to form an irreversible bond. Once cured, is does not change or go backward. Commonly known thermoset materials include Ryertex.
- Thermoplastic Resin Components are NOT chemically cross linked, allowing movement. Can be heated to reform or reshape material. Commonly known thermoplastics names or brands include Nylon, Delrin, and PEEK
WS Hampshire combines world class materials and fabrication expertise to provide your solution. As a value added partner, you gain much more than a job shop that will just quote to a print.
Our customers trust us. You will get ideas, recommendations, and suggestions based on over 100 years’ worth of non-metallic knowledge.
We have worked with many global customers and use cases in industrial applications including:
|Steel, Aluminum, and Copper processing mills||Rail, locomotive|
|Paper and Lumber mills||Off-road and construction equipment|
|Oil and gas||Capital goods manufacturers such as industrial presses, plastics molding, and other machinery.|
|Mining||Water and/or wastewater treatment facilities|
|Concrete & Paving||Chemical Processing Plants|
|Water Treatment Facilities||Utility & Hoist Vehicles|
|Conveyors & Packaging Equipment||Forestry Equipment|
|Material Handling Equipment||Food Processing Equipment|
|Cranes & Lifting Equipment|
Bearings, Bushings, and Wear parts greatly vary in size and complexity. A few examples include, but are not limited to:
- Bearings – rolling element, plane, work roll, hanger, roller, spherical roller
- Bushings – coupling ring, roll support, linear, platen
- Wear – wipers, stripper tips, slide pads, chock liners, slipper pads, mandrel segments, entry guides, exit guides, ring riders, thrust collars, runout table liners
With our focus on non-metallic material fabrication, our capabilities are highly specialized. This ranges from the actual machinery that we have invested in such as industry specific saws and routers optimized for plastics materials.
Even our air filtration and exhaust systems are customized around the materials that are processed.
Machine speeds, feeds, rates, and tooling have also been optimized which result in the most cost effective product production.