W.S. Hampshire, Inc. has partnered with Delphi Body Works (www.delphibodyworks.com) as a key supply chain partner for critical composite components used in Delphi's Challenger® Aerial Tower product line.
Delphi uses a variety of Extren® 525 grade shapes to produce work platforms outfitting vehicles for the traffic signal, sign and utility industries. Other vehicle uses are for the installation and/or maintenance of overhead electric wires for various cities that use electric trolleys or buses.
The platform construction includes Angle stock, (2) different channel sizes, and Rectangular Tubing, all gray in color and fire retardant.
To learn more about this project or how our precision CNC machining services can benefit your next project, contact us today.
Highlights of Aerial Tower Work Platform
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Fabrication done by customer
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Extren® is a pultruded fiberglass epoxy composite
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- Extren® 525 Angle, Channel (2 sizes), Rectangular Tube
- In process testing/Inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection, Visual Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Specialty/Custom Heavy Vehicle Equipment
- Standards Met
- Extren® 525 is Fire Retardant
- Product Name
- Aerial Tower Work Platform